Followers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

IWFL awareness

We all know that football season has started, fall is just around the corner, soon most of us or at least someone you know is going to be spending their Sundays watching football. Unless you're the type of person that doesn't enjoy football, have you ever wondered "what the heck am I going to watch once this season is over?" The answer is simple my friends, the Independent Women's Football League (IWFL). Yes you heard me, women.

Founded in 2000, the IWFL continues to substantially grow every year, and while it isn't played on major networks (yet) I found myself fortunate enough to catch a game over the summer. Seeing most teams play isn't the same as watching an NFL game but these women are athletes none-the-less. I see the IWFL having a lot of potential. Hopefully next season I will be able to make it out to a game!

10 comments:

Absurdly Sentenced said...

Hopefully :p

Dave said...

nice post!

Anonymous said...

nice post! i like it very much;)
supportin you & follow you :)

SamDaMan said...

bahhh fuck football.. soccer all the way my friend :D

Andrew Diaz said...

Im thinking the lengerei league is better

Slumph said...

cool post, loved your n64 classics too :D

delphinium said...

hey man, hope your day was better than mine with one of my dogs dying.

Jimmy Volmer said...

that's a good story

Car Enthusiast said...

Soccer is football in Europe...

Light Weight Baby! said...

your posts keep getting better and better!