Followers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Animated movies!

Even though I am a college student, I still am very fond of all the animated movies from Pixar and Dreamwork. Their creativity and ability to appeal to a very broad age group astounds me. Growing up I think my first 3D animated movie I saw was Toy Story. I loved this movie and at the time the graphics (still are to this day) were amazing. But now a days the amount of detail that is put into particle effects, shadows and other details is just, to be simply put - amazing.


Here are some of my top favorite animated movies.


Up (2009) - I'd rather not just go over the plot of the whole movie, but basically Carl (the old man) has always had a dream to move his house (club house as he and his passed away wife called it) to the top of Paradise Falls. In the beginning his house was located in a quiet neighborhood which is now overrun with urbanization. So Carl has the brilliant idea to fly his house to paradise falls using thousands of balloons tied to his house.  How the kid and the dog relate to the picture, well you are just going to have to watch it to find out. ;) All in all, it is a great story, very funny and just a recommended watch for everyone!

Although this isn't really in the category of Finding Nemo, Up, The Incredibles and other movies of the like. This is still a great watch about the creative idea to make a story about the cells in our body! It is a funny movie that combines real actors (like the legendary Bill Murray) and animated characters. Definitely a recommended watch.

26 comments:

Mecha Six VII said...

osmosis jones was funny.

Viperman said...

i still like a bugs life and finding nemo was awesome

niceonice said...

i loved them both as well

J Mo said...

Osmosis Jones = Super nostalgia. I'll never forget how gross it was when the guy dropped the egg, picked it up off the ground and ate it was. Blah!

Spencer said...

two great movies :D

Food said...

woah, I forgot about Osmosis Jones.

Both of these films are great, regardless of your age.

Slumph said...

saw up in tesco on a screen.. looks awesome - just the graphics =P

remzi said...

Up is great

Anonymous said...

Osmosis Jones..wow nostalgia'd. Honestly thank you, lol. Followed!

Mister Sharaf said...

UP is something special..

followin, visit back

Lewis Chan said...

i like both movies a lot

mastajon said...

Osmosis Jones was such a good movie. I really need to watch it again soon

Dr. Steve said...

Haha so true, American animated movies are really cool for the most part. Some can be really stupid though. Can't beat the classic like Lion King.

Great post, thanks!

Splash87 said...

I remember the first time I sat down and watched Osmosis Jones, For some reason I didn't think I was going to like it. I was pleasantly surprised to find it funny and entertaining.

David Davidson said...

I loved Up, was a really good movie.

And Osmosis Jones just makes me feel young again, though it did freak me out a bit.

Lemmiwinks said...

Great post! Be sure to visit my blog too

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to still like those animated movies ^^

Rawr said...

following u,I saw you on Primitive supporters list :D

Jimmy Volmer said...

thanks for the inspiration!

Discerning Gentleman said...

your post moved me...

Anonymous said...

i never liked any animated movies.. i prefer horror movies :)

Light Weight Baby! said...

Good ideas here

Nerd Life said...

very interesting indeed!

Skunkfunk said...

Up and Osmosis Jones both were awesome movie

Another animated movie I like a lot is 'Horton hears a who'

Swarmster said...

great post man, just doing my rounds, keep up the good work =)

Kevorkian said...

i didn't see neither of them...i'll have to do it Oo